Chapter No. 1
1 .1 Ethics Of Digital Communication
You will learn
Code of ethics and list of acceptable behavior when using computes and software in the school
Powerpoint: 12-1 Digital Communication.pptx ,
Worksheet: MS Word Document rubric.docx ,
1 .2 Windows Keyboard Shortcut Keys
Go to following links and learn about shortcut keys of windows. Try those keys and let me know if there is any problem.
Your Task: Make 5 questions about shortcut keys on question submission page in ICT course
Quiz on shortcut keys. Wednesday Morning
Tutorial Videos: Common windows shortcut keys.xyz ,
1 .3 Mail Merge
Search for mail merge function online, how it works, and applications
- Make a scenario that may need mail merge function
Where at least five different information can be automatically collected and information can be shown into word document
b. finish mail merge by saving document to two different formats i.e docx and pdf file
c. Save your files with appropriate names and submit.
Worksheet: 02 Advances Functions mail merge.docx ,
1 .4 References And Links
- Start a new word document, name it as yourname_references.docx
- Check examples
- Go to Home tab set font to Times New Roman, size 12 , single space
- Go to insert Tab and insert Header, footer and put page number in footer.
- Your first paragraph should have drop cap
- Go to Page layout tab, set margin to normal, orientation to portrait, size to a4,
- Create a booklet of 10 pages, you can copy contents from website, Contents will not be marked but make sure that contents make sense
- Have level 1, 2, 3 headings, In total, all headings should be more than 15
- Make Table of contents and update the table of contents at the end of editing
- Insert at least 10 foot notes, 2 end notes
- Insert 3 citation using MLA sixth editing style
- Choose “work cited” style of bibliography
- Insert picture/figures and insert captions to those pictures/figures and
- Insert index and update index of the booklet
- Save your booklet as yourname_references.pdf and submit online
1 .5 Review Tab Of Word Processor
Go to following website to learn about review tab.
In Microsoft Word 2007, the Review Tab is useful in a lot of ways. You can have the Spelling and Grammar feature, the Research option, Thesaurus and Translation functionality to help you improve your documents. Here is what the Review Tab looks like.